Mas St Joseph was built in 1790 as the living quarters for the adjacent monastery and is therefore steeped in history. Much of the original monastery has now been incorporated into the peach farm, forming an additional farmhouse and various barns. The beautiful chapel is situated on the opposite side. The mas, with its spacious rooms and beautiful views across the peach orchards to the hills and mountains beyond, still retains much of the tranquil atmosphere from its past.
On the ground floor the entrance hallway, with exposed stonework and beams, has a large refectory table, where guests can take their meals when the weather does not permit eating outside. There are two guest sitting rooms: the first has satellite TV, and a granule burner (heater) and tourist information. The second larger sitting room has a fridge containing cool drinks for sale, plus cool box for guest use. French doors leading out to the Moroccan style patio/courtyard with summer kitchen, a seating area on one side and swimming pool and further seating area on the other.